Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Talk To Me

"What must I do
What does it take
To get you to
Talk to me?"
—Bruce Springsteen, "Talk to Me" (From the 1978 Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes album Hearts of Stone).

I'm getting lonely in here. 

Sure, it's fun for me to express my thoughts on this blog. But I want it to be more than just an outlet for me. 

I know that several of the folks I email my posts to have become regular readers. Some have been kind enough to share the blog with their friends and family, and to email me back with their thoughts on whatever I'm going off about at the moment. To those of you who have done so, thanks. I appreciate it.  

But for this thing to really work you need to tell me and everyone else who reads Citizen what you think. Post a comment. Keep a dialogue going. We can learn from one another and be better citizens but it just takes a little bit of effort. 

At least one of my readers has said it's "intimidating" to respond with comments. Hogwash. No law requires you to attach your name to your comments. Post anonymously. If you have something to say, say it. It doesn't have to be profound. Pretend we're at a cocktail party and say what you'd say there. 

As Frasier Crane would say, I'm listening...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on Citizen! How refreshing, you want us to interact with you and ask questions. Hmmmm, if only those running for office felt the same way.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to share my thoughts but my anger prohibits me from clearly expressing myself. Let's just put it this way, I am very close to losing faith in our country. It seems that no matter how much you kick and scream, we'll still never make the changes that are needed. I applaud this blog and all that stay informed. It's just not gonna cut it. We're doomed.

Citizen said...

Mike Higgins tried to post the below comment but I rejected it by mistake. Sorry about that, Mike! Whether you agree or disagree with what RFK Jr. has to say in this video I think it's worth watching. I learned a few things, for sure. Now, here's Mike's comment:

I am not sure if this works but see if so, watch this video. If no video appears, then copy the thread below and paste it into your browser's address bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWZMOQcDnyk